I feel like I say this about all these meals, but this really is one of my favourites of all time. Just can’t get enough of it and it’s so versatile, you can actually mix different veg or swap the goats cheese for Feta or add a little diced Chicken if you wish…. See the choice is endless!
1 Large Butternut Squash
1 Chill or chilli flakes
Purple Sprouting Brocoli or Asparagus
Feta or Goats Cheese
Option: Add diced Chicken or add some quinoa grains on a workout day
- The messy part (and bit I hate!) Peel the Butternut Squash and dice into slices (You are meant to bake for around 45mins, but if you don’t have time then cook the butternut squash in the microwave to soften up first before transferring to the oven dish)
- Toss the butternut squash in chilli flakes, coconut oil, seeds and black pepper.
- Place in the oven dish and roast for approximately 45mins on Gas Mark 6 (200degree)
- In the meantime, blanch the broccoli for approximately 4 minutes
- Place in the oven dish with the butternut squash and seeds
- When ready crumble your chosen cheese on top with a little olive oil
If you want to add a little chicken or some grains be my guest, but this is a nice meal in itself.
*Recipe inspired and sourced from Clean and Lean Book by James Duigan