2 small turkey breasts
2 tbsp maple syrup
1 heaping tbsp 5 Spice Powder
2 cups chicken or vegetable broth salt & pepperCooking Instructions
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Place turkey breasts in a small roasting pan and coat with salt and pepper.
- Put the 5 spice powder and maple syrup in a bowl. Mix together with a fork or spoon to create a pasty rub.
- Rub the turkey breast with the pasty rub (dividing the rub evenly between the two breasts).
- Fill the roasting pan with broth, covering up to half of the turkey breast. Cover the pan with tinfoil.
- Bake in the oven, covered, for about 30 minutes. Remove the cover and reduce the heat to 375°F.
- Cook uncovered for about 30-40 minutes more.Note: for an extra burst of flavor, baste the turkey breasts with 1-2 tbsp of maple syrup in their last 10 minutes of cooking time. Baste again as soon as they are done cooking.
- Cut into the turkey when you pull it out, inspecting it for redness. If no redness is present, it’s ready to eat!
- Store leftovers in fridge. Enjoy!